advertisement
29 January 2009

Decibel damage

Listening to your iPod at maximum volume or regularly attending rock concerts will damage your hearing.

0
Listening to your iPod at maximum volume or regularly attending rock concerts will damage your hearing. And even if you don’t seek out loud noises, everyday noises can put you at risk. The scary thing is that we often don’t feel that our hearing has been overtaxed before the damage is done.

Take action:
The following signs might indicate that you’ve suffered hearing damage: ringing or buzzing noises in your ears; pain in your ears; feeling as if you have cotton wool in your ears; and difficulty hearing after music stops. If any of these sound familiar, consult a doctor or audiologist who can diagnose your hearing problem and advise you on the best way to manage it.

Any questions? Ask our Hearing Care Expert

 
advertisement

Get a quote

advertisement

Read Health24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
0 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining

Live healthier

Allergy alert »

Allergy myths Cold or allergy? Children and allergies

Allergy facts vs. fiction

Some of the greatest allergy myths and misconceptions can actually be damaging to your health.

Vitamin wise »

Vitamins for HIV What to eat for vitamin B? Cut down on vitamins

All you need to know about vitamins

Find out which vitamin to use for which condition. Ask our Vitamin expert.