Posted by: | 2019/08/28



Hello. I moved to a house last year May and it had mould at the walls near the floor walls and I developed shortness of breath. I stayed for 6 months and was later diagnosed with Pneumonitis. My work environment never used to affect me but now I get affected every time I come to work, Maybe it's work, I don't know. I get this burning sensation around my chest and a sharp pain at my back which comes and goes. I take inhaled cortisods once in a while when symptoms increase at night. And sometimes Gloment L tablets. Is there a medication I can use to make my body cope with any environment? Please reply also on my email

Expert's Reply


Cough Expert
- 2019/09/02

I think you need to revisit your doctor regarding the pneumonitis.  This may have been an allergic reaction of the lung to mold or perhaps even infection by some types of unusual organisms, e.g. mycobacteria.  There's no point in taking medication if we don't know exactly what the treatment is for.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.