Posted by: | 2019/04/07


Frustrating, itching, skin rash that does not go away

I have a skin rash in my feet for the last six months. It started when I was camping in a semi-arid region in Australia, not showering for a week, wearing socks and enclosed shoes. It was a tiny spot on my right foot then, but then in a month, it started spreading and was intensified by heat irritation. A month later it started irritating both my feet. I moved to Amsterdam where it was cold. Antibiotics, some cream, and the cool weather however keeps it down. Occasionally it was itchy but then it would go down, not the worst. 5 months down, I move back to Australia. It starts to majorly flare up in the heat and spread to my legs. Antibiotics does not help anymore. Heavy skin treatments cause severe irritation. There is no blistering, but its heat irritation. Things I have done: 1) Family asked me to bath in dettol. I did that, but came out of the shower with severe itching and skin irritation over the whole body. 2) Doctor comes to my house and says its not scabies. It would have spread to my housemates as well, and would have been clear by now. 3) Another doctor took a skin test and said there is high growth bacteria. However they dont know what is it about. He prescribed me a lotion and a cream that does not work. Moreover, applying them causes severe reaction to skin from which I cannot sleep at nights. I have been to 7 doctors uptil now but with no help. Antibiotics dont help me anymore. I just want peaceful sleep and a clear skin. It would be great if I could get some help from you. Let me know if you need more information from me.

Expert's Reply


Allergy expert
- 2019/04/25

It is difficult to make a diagnosis without examining the skin. This could be a deep seated fungal infection on the skin or pustular Psoriasis. The doctor will need to take a skin biopsy and skin swabs to make an accurate diagnosis. It would be best to see a Consultant Dermatologist in your home town.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.