advertisement

Allergy

Question
Posted by: | 2019/04/29

Q.

Bad Reaction to Magnesium

I've been using a magnesium supplement for about two years, but recently switched brands. It took me a little while to put it together, but it seems that I have a horrible reaction to the new brand of magnesium. After about a week or so of taking it, I get really bad depression (which isn't something I normally deal with), diarrhea, nausea, weakness, and shaking. Is it possible to be allergic to magnesium or am I somehow overdosing? It's the same dose, but maybe it's a stronger supplement?

Expert's Reply

A.

Allergy expert
- 2019/05/02

Magnesium is a trace element usually essential to life (but in small dosages). So we all need traces of magnesium. It may be the new tablet formulation is the issue to which you are adversely reacting. Depression is an uncommon allergic symptom but overdosage could be the problem. Only take the Magnesium Supplement at the recommended dosage and do not overdose.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.