Question
Posted by: | 2018/10/22

Confused

When I see a naked man / guy, my penis gets erect. Does that mean I am gay? And if I get naked in a SPA for massage I get an erection does that mean I am gay? And what can be done to cure this?

Expert ImageSex expert
- 2018/10/23

Being gay is generally considered a self-chosen identity. If you are aroused by naked men, it certainly means that you find men attractive, but as to whether or not you are gay...? You could also find naked women arousing? Or you could like seeing naked men, but not actually want to have sex with them?

If you are attracted to men, you will most probably always be aroused by naked men however, if this idea distresses you, you can help yourself by avoiding situations where naked or semi-naked men are present (or looking at pictures of naked men). Remember you also do not need to act on your bodily desires. 

Sometimes though, it is easier to just accept who you are (as long as your desires do not involve violating any other being). Fighting our natural urges can lead to anxiety, depression and shame.