Question
Posted by: Sunshine | 2008/07/10

Side-effects of Cilift

Good morning CyberShrink

I am a 47 year old female who has been put on anti-depressants for the first time in my life. The reason being low oestrogen-levels that led to the most horrible depression I can possibly describe.

I have been put on 20 mg. Cilift a day and has been on it for 14 days today. My emotional state is much better, but what I would like to know from you is how long the side-effects of Cilift will last.
My side-effects are: tremor, sweating, dry mouth, salivation diarrhoea, nausea, yawning and drowsiness and nasal congestion and dyspepsia.

I am actually coping with the side-effects quite fine, but was just wandering how long a body takes in general to adjust to the new medication.

Much appreciated!!!.

Sunshine.

With most drugs especially antidepressants, most side-effects fade after the first couple of weeks, as the body re-adjusts to their presence. Some, like mild nausea on the SSRI's like Cilift, may last a little longer. But we also all vary in which side-effects we get, how severely they bother us, and how long they last. It can be useful to consider them as at least a sign that useful amounts of the drug are getting to the right places in one's body !