Question
Posted by: OZ | 2006/08/10

Relationship issue

hi
im a 26 male broke up with gfriend 11 months ago.ive tried to get her back initiall,but after 3 months left it.she has since (past 3months) shown signs of wanting me in her life,she has even told me so, as i wanted to totally cut her out of mine.

im in a situation now,after a conversation with her 2 days ago that she wants me but she needs to clear up some issues.She leaves to work in USA in 3months for 3months. should i give her time till she goes to USA and to get sorted out and make a decision then or should i just cut her out of my life now.I've been feeling like a rollercoatser and this wil soon be going on for a year---not healthy.Any advise.so should i wait,move on without her???

Pauline's ideas here sound sensible

5
Posted by: OZ | 2006/08/11

Yes,have been a her beck and call - i want her to starting wanting me even 10% of how she used too.i know its possible - not sure of the plan of action though. thats another reason why im pushing her to go over seas, so she can get out of this space and clear her mind - seems to be filled with distructive nests.she knows things will be good - she just needs ti really realise it. Nough said - thanks pauline

Reply to OZ
Posted by: pauline | 2006/08/10

she says you were taking her for granted - were you? if you honestly think that you were and you have changed and would put her first well go with your heart - but if you never put her first 4 years ago why would you do it now - cos you have really matured of the last couple of months - yes you proved you can be there for her now and have probably been at her beck and call - right where she wants you - you proved yourself so then she should jump at the opportunity to get back together with you - be careful but agreed let her go overseas and you wont speak often and alot can happen in 3 months and then you both can decide how you both really feel about each other.

Reply to pauline
Posted by: OZ | 2006/08/10

Well according to her i was taking her for granted etc...we went out for 4 yrs.I have proved over last 6months that i can be there 100% for her.im totally be smitten with her.she started inviting me out with her so teher does seem to be a change for the better or maybe the wool is being pulled over my eyes.well i think a 3 month sacrifice to realy know,will be a small sacrfice inrespects to a life altering decision that this is.Thanks for the rsvp's so far.

Reply to OZ
Posted by: SR | 2006/08/10

Would like to know what the reasons are for breaking up with her

Reply to SR
Posted by: pauline | 2006/08/10

i am not sure why you broke up in the first place but there was obviously a real reason, move on with your life and cut her out of her life - she is going overseas - let her go - you have been doing fine without her and if you allow her back even to explain or get issues off her chest you will be left at square one - the only way to move on is to get off the rollercoaster - you may like this girl and you probably get on as friends but dating again and being in a relationship - honestly can you get over the past - trust me it will always be brought up and no matter how hard you want to forget it you cant the heart can forgive but the brain remembers - cut her loose so other positive doors can open - let her go overseas and see how you feel when she comes back remember though a leopard never changes its spots so whatever the reason you broke up remember it probably wont change a thing you have just prolonged the inevitable.

Reply to pauline