Question
Posted by: jinx | 2008/07/13

Psychiatrist/marriage councellor

Hi Doc,
Can you perhaps give me a psychiatrist in the Durbanville area, in Cape Town. I did write to you awhile ago, and my husband agreed to see someone with me.
Many thanks

Maria is right, I can't recommend specific people. But congraulations on managing to help your husband decide to see someone with you. As regards family / relationship problems, your local branch of FAMSA should be able to recommend specific experienced maerriage counsellors in your area

3
Posted by: jinx | 2008/07/16

Hi Maria and Cybershrink,
Many thanks for your reply. Will update you on the outcome of it all.
Once again many thanks
Jinx

Reply to jinx
Posted by: Rheese | 2008/07/14

I know a man who went to a marriage councellor to keep the wife happy and while doing that he continued having an affair. She only found out 4 months later-they are divorced now.

Reply to Rheese
Posted by: Maria | 2008/07/13

Hi Jinx
It's impossible for CS to keep track of all the psychiatrists and counsellors in SA, and probably unethical for him to recommend someone specific.

You can try Shaun Helders at 0219142719. His office is at the Tyger Waterfront.

Reply to Maria