Posted by: Lady 29 | 2008/07/16

penny less, manless and jobless

I am so depressed today. My boyfriend is in hospital - terminal illness, i have been temping in this place for 4 months and the position is available and yet i don't want to seem desperate, my fear being that the person that was previously in this position was earning peanuts and I cannot live with that (It would just pay for my bond) so the little that i am earning now - can meet my basic needs, not all but some. Maybe i am wrong by saying i am manless, but the fact is that i am 29 and unmarried - it is frustrating, i don't know if anyone can relate to that, but its the truth! I just wanna die right now! Please help

Consider seeing a personal counsellor to set your own goals and plan to move towards them

Posted by: Floral | 2008/07/16

You know the saying: "Don't wish for anything as you never know what you will be getting" The truth about this is, rather be manless than be abused, you have a job maybe you can get a second "part" time job in the evenings or weekends. You might not have a good figure but believe me having a good figure also have lots of problems as you are always seen as the "hot bird", men can't keep their hands and eyes off you and only have ONE thing on their minds. You can always improve you looks, change your hair style, loose weight etc. Hope your boyfriend's health will soon improve.

Reply to Floral
Posted by: Lilly | 2008/07/16

I am 39 and haven't found anyone yet.
29 is actully still pretty young...
it must be very hard with your boyfriend being so sick, try not to put added pressure on yourself. Earn what you can to get by when you are feeling more emotional strong you can focus on looking for another job. You could go and talk to a social worker or for free lifeline. get the support and advice you need...
things will come right... they have too at some point! life never stays the same. But i wish you well during your difficult time.. the sun will come out!!

Reply to Lilly
Posted by: Chick | 2008/07/16

Hav u ever watched or read THE SECRET? It is all about the law of attraction. What ever you think about most, you will get. And the more you stress and talk and write about not having any money or a man or a job , the more of not having any of it you will get - because you are attracting it to you.

Reply to Chick
Posted by: SR | 2008/07/16

Lady 29 - The thing is if you want something bad enough you will do anything and everything to get that which you want and it starts with the first step. You never improve you life over night, it begins 1% at a time but it picks up momentum as it gets better and by then you would have forgotten the situation that you are currently in. Just begin thats all .... the first step

Reply to SR
Posted by: Lady 29 | 2008/07/16

I hear you guys, i just wish there was one area in my life that was not even perfect but at least stable. This thing is really killing me, i feel like such a failure in lilfe and worse off i am not all that pretty and i wish i had a perfect body - which i am far from having - how nice is that?

Reply to Lady 29
Posted by: Chick | 2008/07/16

I agree with SR !

Reply to Chick
Posted by: SR | 2008/07/16

enough said, the playing fields have been levelled.

Do you know we have a mind of knowledge here on the forum to make positive suggestions on how we can improve our situations .... in the spirit of sharing lets talk solution instead of problem.

My first suggestion is do something ... anything, make a little start, pick up the phone, send that email, talk to someone, draw up your list, cross off items that dont matter, .... you know what you have to do

Reply to SR
Posted by: Worse off | 2008/07/16

There is always someone worse off trust me. Im 40 and childless, manless, overweight, ugly, poor.

You are young and your whole life is still ahead of you.

Reply to Worse off