Question
Posted by: deep | 2007/03/02

partner depression

hi i am about 15 weeks pregnant with my first child and i haven't had any problems so far-including morning sickness. i have one problem though and would like to know if this is normal.My partner lives in a different town which means i don't get to see him everyday.we are both happy about the pregnancy as we had planned it,but sometimes i tends to hate him and feel depressed after seeing or talking to him on the phone.i've even gone as far as to bar his calls and not talking to him. i really love him but scared i might lose him by pushing him away.could this be my hormones acting up or could there be another reason? please

I agree with Maya.

2
Posted by: deep | 2007/03/05

Thank you Maya. the little help that i have received from would be the starting point for me in solving my problem. i'll try to post to cybershrink as well to get more advise.

Reply to deep
Posted by: Maya | 2007/03/02

Your reaction could be due to a number of factors. Most likely it's due to the fact that now that you are pregnant, the realisation that there is another life that you and your partner are going to be responsible for, is making you take stock of your current life arrangements.
The fact that you live far apart may be making you feel as though you are alone in this and the whole weight of the responsibility of the pregnancy and baby is falling on your shoulders.
You may be harbouring fears as to how things will work when the baby is born.
You need to sit down and really think about your concerns, make a list, and see what you feel about your current situation. Then you need to see if there areas that can be improved upon.
Don't shut your partner out as this will only worsen your situation and feelings. You need to address the issues together in order to find a compromise. Whatever the issues are from living arrangements to expenses and what happens when the baby is here need to be addressed.
Also remember that you can be a little more emotional and sensitive than usual and it's perfectly normal.
Post your question to cybershrink if you haven't already for more advice:)

Reply to Maya