Question
Posted by: Kevin | 2020/01/21

Penicillin based antibiotic

i have tick bite fever. the doctor in maputo gave me a penicillin based antibiotic which is clearly wrong. my doctor in joburg has said i should stay on them as i am improving even though they are incorrect. should i stay on them or go o to the correct one?

- 2020/01/22

Hi Kevin, depends on which antibiotics you were given. If you are improving, then I agree with your doctor in Joburg, and you should rather complete the current course of antibiotics. If you feel worse at any time, or the fever returns, please go to the doctor as soon as possible. Good luck.