Posted by: d | 2004/01/22

inner healer or shrink??

what's the difference between an inner healer and a shrink, I 'm seeing a shrink now, but sometimes i just feel i want to cry and cry, cant stop, want to get rid of all the pain regarding my ex cheating on me.

Which person would b the right one to see?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Dear d,
I understand your feelings, but only a shrink could genuinely help you. Anyone who claims to be an "Inner Healer" is a total quack, with no proper training in the necessary science and other established knowledge. and no proper proof that the methods they use are either safe or effective. No such qualification or method is recognized by any organization worth paying attention to. I wouldnt allow any "Inner Healer" to even try to treat the noisy dog next door, and I'm not at all fond of that dog !
And one of the necessary ingredients in the situation you describe, is Time. Though it is painful to work through the complex feelings after one has felt betrayed and cheated on, there is no shortcut ; but working with someone with actual proper qualifications and methods, rather than someone who made it up all on their own, and essentially gave themselves a bogus qualification, is the onl way to be likely to make useful progress.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: d | 2004/01/23


can you give me advice on item 6806 as well please.

Reply to d
Posted by: Cleo | 2004/01/23

NO!!!! do not go to a hypnotist - you have to work this out on your own - that way it's real and sincere and honestly done by you - in time. DO NOT try anything else, there's no easy way out. And by the way, there are other people to talk to other than psychiatrists - ask around, there are a lot of QUALIFIED and eager-to-listen-and-help professionals.

Reply to Cleo
Posted by: d | 2004/01/23


Thanks for your reply,I appreciate it.

What i mean by inner healing is, isnt there something i can do like going to a hypnotist to get the feelings out and leave them out?

Reply to d
Posted by: R | 2004/01/22

d, I can understand how you feel. I once went through the same thing, when I found my then boyfriend, the father of my baby, whom i went out with for five years living with another woman in a house we shared, after going home to visit my parents for 2 weeks. It hurt like hell I wanted to die. All I can say is that it's going to take time to heal but eventually tha pain will go away. You just need to talk a lot about how you are feeling, get those issues out, do not keep them bottled up inside. I beliebve talking is therapeutic you will heal eventually. And I think you are already in that process. I t's just that to get to the final healing point you will experience a lot of terrible emotions, that way shows that you are on the road to healing. I never thought one day I will feel this good about myself again, the pain was so terrible it felt like it was going to stay with me like forever. Just try to remain strong. Time heals.

Reply to R

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.