Question
Posted by: vush | 2005/06/22

i think i miscarried..............

i tried to get preggies this month........i calculated my ovulation period and did it around those times......10 june...anyway after that a week later i was bloated i have cramps and i could swear maybe i was preggies...though i managed to wait becouse i though that missing my periods will surely confirm it.....sadly i did not miss my periods with all the signs i waas having........my periods came day before yestarday just a day after i did a hpt and it came neg...actualy the night before......am just wondering could i have maybe had a misc.....i dont have a doc of my own but me and man were had an appo for next week monday before i went on periods.........we cancelled the appointment.......anyway i dont know if maybe i need to get checked up?? and for wht will they be checking me for.......i jus dont know but something tellls me i need to go.......how much will a gyno charge me on average ( i dont have medical aid) where can i get a good gyno in Cape Town CBD?

thanks for your help.

You were not pregnant. The symptoms were probably PMS. You don't say how long you have been trying to fall pregnant, but it can take up to a year. If you are sexually active, you should have yearly check-ups.

7
Posted by: Virgo | 2005/06/24

Thanks Samantha...
I am on medication at the moment to regulate my ovulation, after the problem with endometriosis I wasnt ovulating, I think I am now, Will take ur advice. Pls pray for me.

Virgo

Reply to Virgo
Posted by: samantha | 2005/06/23

Virgo, try every morning / night during your fertile phase. I ovulate on day 13/14 and in the month I conceived we made love every morning from day 9 to 17.
I read in the Essentials mag (I think) that it's better to make love in the morning when trying to conceive... dunno how true that is!

Reply to samantha
Posted by: Virgo | 2005/06/23

Hi Vush,

I had the same symptoms just before my last period which ended yesterday..i also thort i was preg BUT then the period came...i was really disappointed..BUT im also very anxious to fall preg..my gyne gave me the dates to have intercourse BUT unfortunately that did not work..

Samantha: I have been trying for 6 months now and ever since i tried I have been having to go back and forth to the gyne with all these endo problems i had..everything has cleard up now BUT why is it taking so long for me to fall Preg...Is there any other tip besides the ones pasted on the TOP 5 that you can advise me to do to fall preg this month...I am havinf intercourse every 2nd night...wot else can I do...pls help me..

Thanks so much!!!

Reply to Virgo
Posted by: samantha | 2005/06/23

Vush, I also thought that if you are doing the right thing at the right time you will conceive, just like that! I was horrified when I didn't conceive in my first month!
It appears that there is more to conception than just 'doing it', that must be the case because it takes an average fertile couple a few months to conceive. Read the GynaeDoc's top 5 tips, there is a tip on when is the best time to try. There are other little tips that I picked up on this forum; lie with your bum slightly raised after intercourse to help the sperm in the right direction, also start taking a folic acid supplement now - it's been proven that it makes a difference in the prevention of neural tube defects and it's best to start pre-conception.
Good luck, keep us posted, and say if you need more info!

Reply to samantha
Posted by: Jessica | 2005/06/23

Dear Vush

An completely healthy couple can take up to a year to conceive. The only time you should get tested earlier is if your cycle doesn't return to some kind of pattern between 22-35 days, if outside of this after 3 months you can consult a doctor, and if you'd been trying for longer than 6 months and your over 35 years. otherwise most doctors won't do any tests before a year has passed.

Hope this helps

Jessica

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: vush | 2005/06/22

it was the first time we tried...we just thought it was going to be bara bang bara boom its done am preg and he's a dad to be.........
about this ovulation thing.....if there is only 20% chance of falling preg on my cycle...when do i try to get preg then???

Reply to vush
Posted by: samantha | 2005/06/22

You may not have miscarried if your period came on schedule. There is only about a 20% chance of you conceiving in a cycle, so perhaps your egg was not fertilized, or if it was it may not have implanted and this would be natures way of ensuring that something that was not going to thrive did not start developing.
Also those early preggie symptoms are very much like pms unfortunately.
How long have you been trying for? If it's less than 6 months you must not stress.
Good luck.

Reply to samantha