Question
Posted by: worried wife | 2004/11/11

hubby with back back pain

CyberDoc,
my hubby (28 years old) wakes up in the morning with a terrible pain under his left shoulder blade / wing. i've tried massaging it, used deep-heat and Arinca oil and deep heat patches but nothing seems to work. our bed is only 2 years old - and my back is mostly fine. we works at a desk in front of the computer from home. his BMI is 26 and he doesn't gym.
what on earth could this be? and how can i treat it? he is always in pain and i can't stand to see him like this!! Should i take him for x-rays? it's been a problem for about 5 months now.
Thanks Doc!!

WW, the best would be for him to see his doctor and have it sorted out. It might be due to a lung problem or a pinched nerve in his back, but I can’t narrow it down from this side of the screen. In the meantime he can try taking an anti-inflammatory like Voltaren®. Good luck.