Question
Posted by: Maryke | 2004/10/26

How many Braxton Hicks in an hour - 35 weeks

Since yesterday I'm getting 2-3 braxton hicks contractions in an hour which lasts about 60 seconds each. Is this normal? Will it increase?

That sounds normal. They will increase closer to labour. Braxton Hicks contractions tend to come and go rather than staying regular.

3
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/26

So long as they are irregular thats fine. If they start to become regular, you're in labour. When you have 3 in ten minutes - get to hospital or wherever you're having your baby.

At 35 weeks, you're a bit early, I'd suggest contacting your gynae.

If you have a show (the mucus plug comes out), things are starting to happen.

I didn't realise I was in labour (I was full term though), and went grocery shopping. It was only when the contractions started to interfere with my shopping that I realised something was going on.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Blue Eyes | 2004/10/26

HI

I read about them the other day. They said that you should not have more than 4 every 0.5 hour and not more than 8 every hour.

Hope that helps !

Reply to Blue Eyes
Posted by: Norma | 2004/10/26

don't know if this is normal, but I also experienced more towards the end. Just make sure it's Braxton Hicks and not labour...... Your body is preparing for labour, as you don't have long to go.

Reply to Norma