Question
Posted by: Nicola | 2018/10/20

fluids/ mucus, overnight weight loss

I have been coughing up fluids for almost a year. I am 54. Was very fit. Do not smoke. Eat healthy most of time. Live in Portugal. Not getting to bottom of this. Hospital I see different doctor each time. So so tired. Mucus up approx every 20mins when sedentary. Husband pummels to help get it up. It can be very very thick. Hospital just say asthma. Stopped my fluomicil. Weight loss approx 30lbs. CF in family. I am a confirmed carrrier. Tested when my nephew was born with it and I was pregnant in 1989. Previous bloods showed immune issue and RA result slightly higher than norm. CF sweat test borderline. but they said not to be concerned about. Can I please get some pointers to ask on next visit. Wish I had continuity of one consultant.

Expert ImageCough Expert
- 2018/10/23

To me it would seem that you need a high resolution CT scan of the chest to see if you have bronchiectasis.  As a CF carriers, you may have some mild features of the disease.  I suggest you see a lung speciaslist.