Question
Posted by: Marlene | 2005/03/11

Excercise & energie

Excercising for about a year now, was getting fit, firm and lost weight, but now left with no energy to carry on. Did cycling 10 min, tretmill 15 min(fast walking) and circuit 10 min. Now gaining weight. Do I have to look at my diet, and where can I get information. How can I increase my energy levels, because I am constantly tired. I am 40 years of age, 6kg overweight. What excercises do you recomend. Thank you

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Marlene,

Take a look at your diet and consult a dietician for that. I'd also suggest that you go visit your doctor and see, maybe they will send you for blood tests etc. as there may be another problem you're not aware of.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/03/21

NO,NO, NO , CUT OUT THE CARBS TOTALLY , FORGET THE TRAINING YOU ARE DOING AND START DOING WEIGHTS , YOU WILL FIRM UP GET A BETTER MUSSEL TONE FEEL SORE IN THE BEGINNING BUT YOU WILL REAP THE RESULTS IN THE LONG RUN ; REMEMBER OUR FOR FATHERS DID NOT HAVE TIME TO PLANT VEGGIES AND LIVED ONLY ON MEAT PURE PROTEIN , WHO EVER SAYS WHAT YOU CAN LIVE ON PROTEIN , THERE ARE NO SIDE EFFECTS , I AM 64 YEARS OF AGE AND FEEL AND LOOK BETTER THAN GUYS HALF MY AGE , I CAN NOT REMEMBER WHEN I LAST VISITED A DOCTOR , TRAIN EVERY DAY MONDAYS TO FRIDAY , USE NO SUPLEMENTS ,REMEMBER EVERY BODY PITIES THE WEAK BUT JEALOUSY YOU MUST EARN TRAIN HARD , THERE ARE NO WRITTEN RULES ONLY BASICS HOW TO TRAIN ; ENJOY ;;;;

Posted by: William | 2005/03/16

Your diet definetly needs to be adjusted to suit your energy needs , you need to take in lots of carbohydrates and if possible eat 6-7 small meals a day to keep you going. Also training for long times can make you worn out and resting for a week won't kill you. Also try to vary your training program so you don't get bored.

Reply to William