Question
Posted by: | 2019/06/08

erectile dysfunction

i cannot get erect when I'm with a girl, i noticed this when i was about 14 years old;my first time with a girl. surprisingly when i see nudes of ladies or pornography i do get erect. any explanation to my condition.

Expert ImageSex expert
- 2019/06/23

Sometimes watching too much porn can mean that it is difficult to become aroused by a "flesh and blood" person. It is also often easier to deal with a fantasy than reality. In fantasy we can be whoever we want to be.

So performance anxiety can also be an issue. With another person we often feel pressurised to perform sexually or look a certain way physically (so being naked in fact of another person is anxiety-provoking). 

Try to focus on the feelings in your body rather than becoming too stuck in the thoughts in your head when you are with another person. Stay in the moment and try not to judge yourself.