Question
Posted by: dev | 2018/12/13

Chest pain, palpitation

Hello, For last one month I have chest pain. It is irregular. And pain is not fixed in one place. I have family history of high cholesterol. I went to doctor here in Japan. they checked done ECG and said there is no problem. However I argued for test and they did CT (something like x-ray of heart and veins ). i will get result next week. Doctor here continuously said there is no problem. Even if I don't have problem related to cholesterol, it might be something else. But these people are so rigid. No suggestions ,nothing. What should be my problem? One of my friend said test for thyroid. Can thyroid problems result in chest pain or irregularheart beat?

- 2018/12/13

Did they do blood tests for cholesterol levels? That should be first priority. Yes, thyroid problems can sometimes cause irregular heart beat. Other possibilities are anxiety or lung problems or even a hiatus hernia. Start with the blood tests as mentioned above and take it from there.