Question
Posted by: Francois | 2003/12/28

Breast pains

My wife has had a historectomy, now she gets severe breast pains every month when it is supposed to be her menstrual time. This pains is so bad that we can not touch her breats for about 2-3 weeks of the month, is there something that can be done about it. Please advise. My e-mail is fdebruynAamplats.co.za

Francois

Even though your wife has had a hysterectomy, she probably still has the monthly hormonal changes. Breast tenderness premenstrually is very common. She could try Efamol or Evening primrose oil. It would also be important to check regularly for lumps, particularly if she is over 30.