Question
Posted by: tattoo | 2005/11/29

best painkiller to take b4 getting a tattoo

I have heard that certain painkillers can actually make you bleed more when getting a tattoo.

Which painkiller is best to take to dull the pain and won't make me bleed?

Expert ImagePharmacist

I doubt if a single dose of painkillers will have the effect that you seem to fear - In general Aspirin and most NSAID's (eg Ibuprofen) may affect blood clotting. The safest in this case is paracetamol or a paracetamol + codeine combo as this (in low doses) seem to have less of an effect on bleeding.

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/03/13

if it's too painful for you, think of something else to spend your money on, it's not for everyone and it does hurt.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/04/03

Im getting a tatttoo on my ribs on the 10th and i've asked around who else has it done and said it was the most painful experience of their lives! What would be a good thing to do to reduce the pain? Ive though about taking a painkiller I just dont know... any suggestions??? it would help

Posted by: m | 2005/11/29

The painkiller doesnt affect your bleeding...either you bleed or you dont...just one of those things...the only thing pain killers are gonna help you with is...the pain...or it mite not...just be bold and brave and get it done...i had one done not too long ago...and yeah it was painful but it was worth it!!!

Reply to m