Question
Posted by: Husband | 2004/10/22

Advise please

My wife was on the injection for nearly 2 years we have a 6 year old son. We try to get pregnant again but nothing has happend can you pease advise should we worry?????.

You don't say how long you have been trying. It can take up to a year after stopping the injection for periods to return, and a year after that before you fall pregnant.

3
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/10/22

Hang in there - everyone is different and she might be the lucky one. I was also on the 2 month one and my cycle returned to normal a month after I stopped and 2 months later I was pregnant and delivered a very healthy 4.93kg baby boy...

I know it is discouraging knowing all the facts surrounding the return of your cycle and the waiting period to fall pregnant, but as I said, you could be lucky and she could be pregnant soon.

All the best :-)

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Jordon | 2004/10/22

I was on the 2 month for 1 1/2 years and they say that anything between 9 months and a year is normaal. It takes that long for the body to 'expel' all the chemicals and become fertile again (everyone is different though) The first step is to make sure that she is getting her period the way it should be (Is she having a regular cycle) If not, it could be that she is not ovulating properly (there is meds for that).....

She should possibly gee her gynae anyway for peace of mind..

Good luck!

Reply to Jordon
Posted by: Brenda | 2004/10/22

Maybe you should just be patient? Like someone on the forum once told me - good things come to those who wait... :o)

I was on the 3-month injection for 13 years non-stop. The nurse at the local clinic told me it would take 2-3 years before I will be able to conceive, and by then she wouldn't advise it, since I will be 38 then. I fell pregnant within 6 months and am in my 8th week now.

For peace of mind she can visit her gynae for a check-up.

Good luck!

Reply to Brenda