Question
Posted by: | 2018/09/19

Weird contraction like feeling in left of chest

Hello, I am 17 and I have been having this weird feeling in my left chest. It feels like my heart is being jammed. It started 2 days ago. I have had a pain in my chest for years that used to happen rarely and lasted for a few seconds and got worse on movement (and disappears in a specific position) it has gotten frequent now. So when this feeling happened, I thought it's a heart attack and went to my doctor. Though I was having no pain. My doctor checked my breath and he said it's normal. I have sinusitis so he said it could be a cause. Also, he thinks I am Vitamin-D deficient so has asked me to get a test done. He said in some situations, it can be a cause too. Can you please help me, I have health anxiety so I can't help but worry about my health. I need more assurance because I told my doctor I am feeling 'pressure' I think I should have more clearly explained. To be exact, the feeling is kinda funny and it feels like it's going to my legs and left hand (left hand in particular feels weirder)

- 2018/09/28

I suggest that your doctor do an ECG and chest x ray to make sure that your heart and lungs are okay. If that is clear, then the pressure in your chest can be due to overall anxiety and stress, but this is a diagnosis of exclusion and one will have to make sure that the heart and lungs are okay first. Good luck!