Question
Posted by: | 2020/01/24

Weight loss has slowed down a lot

Hi. I have lost 43kg in 11 months, through a dietitian. I also walk a lot (2-3 km a day) and cycle on an exercise bike (10-15 km) 2 to 3 times a week. This has resulted in success and constant weight loss weekly (1 to 2 kgs). However, this has stopped and now I am only loosing 0.2kgs per fortnight. I have not changed my eating habits and I am sticking to the diet plan. I have another 20 - 30kgs to loose. What should I do to get my body to burn fat again? I am in my late 40s and female.

Expert ImageThe Dietitians
- 2020/01/30

You have to reduce your calories further for your body to start burning fat
You can refer back to the dietitian to design a new plan for you 
Alternatively you can cut all snacks and only stick to three meals a day 
Also good to weigh your protein portions again as well as the starches and check if this is in line with your plan You can also reduce all protein portions to 80 g cooked 100 g raw as these foods contain the highest calories Remember to drink 6 glasses water a day as this also facilitate weight loss