Question
Posted by: Blurry Face | 2018/05/08

The return of Blurry Face

In my darkest moments you give advise, make me laugh and let me carry on for a while until such time things fall apart. So Lets Recap 1 Dec 2017 ( MY 1000 day sober celebration ) I woke up to an SMS , My husband left. No rhyme no Reason at that point. I could feel the Drug Monsters breath down my neck and pulsate in my veins and immediately booked into Rehab in order to keep my sobriety. That was December done and dusted. January Rolls by the sheriff stops at my gate, Hands me divorce papers I sign and before I Knew it , it was over and one.Within a 4 month period of not knowing what I stand for, making mistakes, being vulnerable, looking for love, " falling in Love " with friends and simply just giving up on myself. I felt like I was on the 5 stages of Grief roller coaster every single day and I was searching High and Low for answers. I always had the suspicion that he left me for a family friend which is much older than he is, we called her tannie, Non the less I grew up with her kids, and we even build her a flat on the property . Monday the 1 st of May I got the call, to say that they have moved in together and it was like something snapped in me, just when I thought OK. Divorce done, Get up , It hits, It feels like something is about to break. Like a puzzle all the times they deceived me immediately fell into place in my brain. I have jet to understand why some one would be that vindictive and deceiving. She still pretended to be there for me ect, but she was bedding my Ex.. She was the reason my EX divorced me. All I can think about is revenge. I mean I have had enough of being strong. I have beaten Cancer, Addiction, Divorce but now I must cuddle up with my best friend Insomnia every night and re call all the puzzle pieces. I cant take any tranquilizers I will not take them under any circumstances, Sobriety is more important to me, but I am at a wits end. My medical aid is on hold for 6 months because I went for relapse prevention and cannot afford the R 850 per hour fee of my psychologist for CBT training. The way I feel right now is that they don't have a worry in the world but I will be the one that will have to receive psych treatment for the rest of my life. A few words of encouragement please CS

- 2018/05/24

Firstly, I'm sorry that someone, I don't know who, has caused needless delays in putting your question to me, so I can answer it.
So, hello again Blurry Face, after all you have been through, and all you have achieved, don't allow this pair of faithless and nasty people spoil anything.  Don't focus too closely on the issue of having lost him, or of having lost him to her :  concentrate on how, now that they have revealed their true selves, aren't you better off without either of the ?  And don't they truly deserve each other ?  The only sort of future that sort of person can make for themselves will be the best revenge. Leave them to it.  How can you even imagine that two truly nasty people will not ever have a worry in the world ?
Am I hearing that CBT training has been suggested, but not yet done ?  Because if it's once done properly. it would have taught you the techniques you can use to handle this and any other situation.   If not yet done, then do it when it becomes possible.
You know you've done very well, and sensibly so, to avoid an alcohol or pills relapse. Great.