Question
Posted by: Dj | 2018/12/09

Testicular examination

Hi Doc , my GP is a woman. I haven’t had a testicular examination before and embarrassed to have one especially from my GP. Would it be embarrassing if I get an erection during the examination is it ok to go to a woman doctor for the examination?

- 2018/12/10

It is okay to go. Your doctor would have seen many different testicles before, so don't worry, this will not be weird for her. It is common to experience an erection in such circumstances, because one might be embarrassed or stressed. If you are very uncomfortable then rather ask your GP if she can refer you to a male counterpart. Good luck.