Posted by: | 2019/04/20

Severe hand/finger pain

After a cervical fusion, I discovered that my RC on my shoulder was torn during surgery. Since then, I have developed a large "lump" on my right bicep. I have severe pain and tingling/burning in my hands and fingers. Could all of this be related and what is it called? My neck was checked and it was confirmed by my doctor that the pain is not coming from there. This is ruining my life and I cannot take it anymore. The not knowing is the worst. Thank you for ANY INFO you can provide me.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc
- 2019/04/24

Hi there
If the tingling/burning is only in the right hand and fingers then a nerve might also have been injured at the same time as the torn muscle and it is most likely that all the symptoms are related. I suggest that you go for a second opinion because if the sensation is in both hands, it is most likely coming from the neck or the spine. Good luck and I hope that get the answer soon. 

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.