Question
Posted by: Zelda | 2018/12/04

ProVita crackers and ProNutro cereals

Good day, My brother has a severe case IN his stomach, after several scans they have discovered that his colon made a abscess, and he now needs to adapt his diet. I want to know would ProVita Crackers and ProNutro cereal be a good choice to increase his fiber intake daily? As the Doctor suggested, more fruits, and fiber intake. Thanks zelda

Expert ImageThe Dietitians
- 2018/12/05

Hi Zelda

Hope this finds you well. Thank you for contacting Health24.

It appears your son has a particular medical situation that would be best to give advice when one understands all medically relevant information. 

If you have been instructed by a medical professional to increase fibre then yes, Provita crackers and Pronutro are sources of fibre. 

Other good sources of fibre are oats, bran cereal, brown rice, barley, quinoa, chickpeas, beans, lentils, and fruit and vegetables with skins and pips.