Question
Posted by: Kemo | 2019/07/15

Pregnancy problem

I am 5 weeks pregnant. I have IBS and I have a cyst on my right ovary. I have been experiencing occassional "period" pains since I missed my period.This last week I was woken up by this terrible pain on my lower abdomen,both in the front and in the back.It leaves me with the urge to push/defecate.I feel like there's something pressing against my rectal area and the only thing I can do is push. My gynae just gave me pain meds. There's no bleeding but I am worried.

- 2019/07/16

Are you constipated? Your symptoms sound like this may be the case. Mild period pains are normal and miscarriages usually start with bleeding, so this sounds unlikely to be the case. You don't say whether you have had a  scan or not. This would be important to exclude an ectopic pregnancy, though it may still be a  bit too early.

Best  wishes