Question
Posted by: Adél | 2018/04/23

Pain in lower right side close to ovary

Hi, I have had this pain in my lower right side since last year Sept/Oct. I have had 3 sonars done with 3 different outcomes. 1st one saw a small cyst and said it's nothing to worry about it will go away. I had a second sonar by a different doctor ans she said I had gas and couldn't see much on the sonar. I had a 3rd sonar done which also didn't show anything. The 3rd doctor tested my bowel movement and it came back normal. I have this pain a lot. Some days it's worse than other days and some nights I struggle to get a sleeping position. What other tests can I have done to find out the problem? What else can this be if nothing can be picked up on a sonar? Kind Regards Adél

- 2018/04/25

It does not sound like an ovarian cyst. Irritable bowel syndrome is a possibility. You would need to see a  gastroenterologist who would go into details about your bowel history and possibly do a  scope. A laparoscopy would also be a  possible option.