Question
Posted by: | 2019/05/23

One Payslip yet 2 Separate Payments

Good Day, I have resigned and have leave days owing to me. My employer is going to add both my salary and my leave days onto one payslip. I will therefore be paying much more tax, than if they gave me two separate salary slips. The reason my asking for two salary slips, is because the payments will be made seperately. My salary on the normal date 25th and my leave days on the 31st. Is this right and fair that they "acting" as if im getting paid a lump sum, paying tax on a lump sum but receiving it on completely diifferent days?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer
- 2019/05/23

re: One payslip yet 2 separate payments

Unfortunately you need to receive it all on one payslip and pay the necessary tax.