Posted by: Craig Osborn | 2019/02/12

Injury on duty

I injured my shoulder while on duty on the 29 December 2018. I did not seek immediate attention and left it for roughly nine days. I reported the injury to my supervisors and a doctors appointment was made. After receiving medical attention, I returned back to work but still suffered severe pain. I am a transfer driver and rely on my fitness in lifting baggage and operating a vehicle. I find it hard to do so. I have been back to the medical profession and he contacted my employer. I am not getting any positive response from my employer as what is happening. What should I do?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer
- 2019/02/15

re: Injury on Duty

You need to ensure that your employer registers your complaint with Workmens Compensation.  Please insist that they fill in the requisite forms for Workmens Compensation and report it to the Department of Labour.  If they refuse to do that you must go to the Department of Labour and report it yourself and they will ensure that the necessary is done.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.