Question
Posted by: Queen | 2020/01/08

Infertility

Hi Doc. I have been with my husband for 5 years now and I have a 12 year old son, we have been trying for a child ever since we got married with no luck. I have been on injection for prevention for about 6 months but as soon as we started to plan to grow our family, we decided to stop the prevention and have unprotected intercourse. it has been long and the disappointment whenever I do a home PT is frustrating. Please advise what should I do? I feel like a failure in our marriage.

- 2020/01/27

Hi Queen

Infertility is a difficult problem to deal with and can be very emotional. As you have been trying naturally for quite some time with no success I urge you to take the next step and consult with your gynaecologist or a fertility specialist for further assistance. You both will need to be investigated so as to establish what the cause of the fertility problem is.

Answered by Dr T Mohamed