Question
Posted by: Hot flushes | 2019/08/29

Hot flushes and nothing helps

At 66 I suddenly started having the most awful hot flushes. I went to see the gynae and he put me on patches starting at 25 strength. Then he raised it to 50 and it had no effect. Then he changed the patch to evorol and slowly worked me up to 100. It still doesn't work. I had a total hysaterectomy. I sailed through menopause without even knowing I was going through it. The only reason I knew was because my period stopped. What could be causing this and what should I do?

- 2019/08/29

I guess this could be something else and not hot flushes. I would suggest checking your thyroid function. Apart from HRT, other medications such as Dixarit are sometimes used for hot flushes, depending on your medical history.