Question
Posted by: | 2020/04/02

Medication side effects

I was diagnosed in Sept 2019 with hypertension. Since then I've been prescribed coplasyl, tesar and exforge. All this medication result in side effects i.e. dizziness, headache, and /or fatigue. My question is do all hypertension medication have similar side effects or is there a medication you can suggest I ask my doctor as an alternative that will not cause these side effects.

Expert ImageHypertension expert
- 2020/04/09

First of all, I do not know your age, but, how was the diagnosis of hypertension made? Maybe you do not have hypertension. Please check your BP right arm sitting for 10 minutes with an electronic meter, buy from a pharmacy, and you may contact me again with 2x per day values, after a week or so. There is a whole Mims full of medicine, some cheap and some very expensive. You pay for what you get. An ideal medication would have the optimal effect, with the least possible side-effects and a reasonable price. It also depends on your medical aid and what they allow you to have, according to what you are paying them. But, of course, IF you have hypertension.