Question
Posted by: Babsie L | 2019/09/01

I have cleaned a dam with lot of slime water.

How can that affect my health? Unprotected. Don't feel well. Drained feeling, headaches.

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert
- 2019/10/11

Some types of slime that grow in dams are associated with bacteria that can have negative health effects, including affecting the nervous system, liver and skin, so please consult your doctor about this. It may be helpful if you have sample of the dam water or a photo. Symptoms from drinking contaminated  water may include headache and nausea among other complaints; contact with the water may cause skin rash and eye and ear irritation. Keep in mind though that the symptoms you describe are common and could have many possible causes.