Question
Posted by: | 2020/01/05

Can Nerlevo affect my pregnancy?

Hello, I used nerlevo on two occasions without knowing I was pregnant. Will this have any effect on the pregnancy? I have a very bad smell from my mouth which was not there until five weeks ago

- 2020/01/27

Dear Anonymous,

Norlevo is used for emergency contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancy after having unprotected intercourse. 

However it should be used within 72 hours for it to be most effective. If you fall pregnant despite its use or if you were already pregnant unknowingly when you took it, it should not have any effect on the ongoing pregnancy. 

The bad smell in your mouth is unlikely related to the pregnancy.

Answered by Dr T Mohamed