Question
Posted by: | 2019/04/21

Heart pvcs

Heart pvcs - diagnosed last November, prescribed beta blockers but don't want to take them. They disappear after a few glasses of wine, or if I have a bath. My question is how can I replicate the effects of the wine/bath on my pvcs without having to drink wine or have a bath? I've tried relaxation/meditation but with no success unfortunately.

Expert ImageMeditation Expert
- 2019/04/23

Not wanting to take medication that was prescribed to you is a conversation you should be having with your doctor.

On the topic of having a glass of wine or a bath helping you relax, are both time old ways of coping with stress.

While having a bath isn't as self medicating as with having a few glasses of wine, they are both ways that many people use for relaxation.

Relaxation and meditation are skills that anyone can LEARN. The important point to note here is that they are skills that require practice. 
You have learnt how to be stressed, you need to learn how to relax.

Here is a link to a lite version of my comprehensive meditation course.
Its free, and the lite version is designed for beginners to just taste the experience of relaxation.

Here is the thing though. 
You have to practice learning how to relax consistently, relaxation exercises don't just work if you try it once or twice, or even for a month. 

You have to be as committed to learning how to relax as you are to the effort you've chosen to invest in remaining stressed.

The challenge is both directions require an investment of your time and attention.

What would you prefer to invest in? 

Your Stress or Your Relaxation?