Question
Posted by: Frank | 2018/05/24

Hair Loss diagnosis

My hair is scanty at the front area and also not growing thin, for over the 7 years. Please advise how can i get my hair loss diagnosis

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert
- 2018/07/16

Hi Frank, thank you for the question and my sincerest apologies for the delay in my response. I normally receive an automated email from Health24 advising me that a new question has been posted but unfortunately this never came through to me.

Your best option is to see your family doctor or a dermatologist who can perform some blood tests to rule out any medical reasons. Stress is a major cause of balding as is genetics. Once the cause has been established one can then consider the various treatment options which includes topical regimes, injectables, and hair follicle implantation techniques.

I hope the above has helped.

Kind regards

Dr Alek Nikolic