Question
Posted by: MM1986 | 2018/12/07

HCG levels

Good day, I would just like to put my mind at ease. My LMP was 8 Oct, I got a positive pregnancy test at 11 Nov indicating 1-2weeks after ovulation. On 3rd Dec I went for scan and the sac only measured 5 weeks and could not see very well if there was an embryo. There was a light spec in there though. Gynie wanted to check my levels so on 3 dec my Hcg was 11600 and 5 Dec my levels were 26800. He only wants to do another scan on 18 Dec. Is there any possibility that something could be wrong even if my levels are increasing? Do you think the dates are just off? I have a very messed up cycle, anything from 35-43 days. I really just want to put my mind at ease until I see him. Please could you help? Can you still miscarry even if your levels are increasing?

- 2018/12/10

It is most likely that your dates are off. The increasing HCG levels are a good sign that all is well. Miscarriages can occur for a variety of reasons, but it looks good so far.