Question
Posted by: | 2019/07/18

Grommets

Hi Doctor, I have had a grommets procedure done 3 months ago due to a middle ear infection (glue ear) on both my ears. However there is still fluid draining from my ears, it is a sticky thin fluid, a bit yellowish. I am currently on an anti histamine. Should I be concerned about this or will it eventually stop?

- 2019/07/22

No, if the grommets are still in place (and they probably are) then the fluid that is draining from the ear is a good thing because it means that there is no fluid build-up in the inner ear and the grommets are still doing their job. If you have pain at any stage, rather go to the doctor. Good luck.