Question
Posted by: | 2019/07/10

Exercise

I have started doing some exercise in the evening time. What should I eat after workout?My weight is normal just to keep myself fit. How many dried dates I can eat a day? Can I eat dinner after exercise?

Expert ImageThe Dietitians
- 2019/07/13

Hi, you can eat your dinner after your exercise, because ideally you would want to recover your muscle glycogen with your carbohydrates (Sweet potato, Brown Rice, Quinoa etc) and repair your muscle tissue with Protein (Meat, Fish, Poultry and Legumes). Include Vegetables and Salad as part of this Meal. 

Dried Dates are a concentrated source of fructose due to being dried. All the fluid is extracted. A Fruit portion of dried dates = 30g which is equivalent to a similar carbohydrate content of 1 Medium Apple. You can eat up to 2-3 Fruits per day, but a variety is key to obtain several vitamins from a variety of fruits.