Posted by: conrad | 2016/12/08

Dry skin on tip of foreskin of penis

Hi, I am a male 40 years with slight hypertension for which I am taking S-Numlo 5 (S-Amlodipine 5 mg). My height is 5 feet 10 inches, weight is 75 kg. I had bad asthma for 2 years which was treated with asthalin inhaler but I no longer have it nor do I use the inhaler or any other medication for asthma. I am a software engineer by profession. Fitnesswise - I can do about 40 pushups and jog for 30 minutes non stop. I have dry skin on the tip of the foreskin of my penis. there is also a slight swelling. if i pull this foreskin all the way down it looks like a dry white ring. There is only problem after I have sex. after sex the tip of the foreskin gets very small red cuts, there is no blood but it burns. When I pull this skin back to pee it hurts/stings. if i dont have sex for a couple of days it heals and all is well. once i have sex - the cuts on the skin come back and it burns and the cycle repeats. I have been facing this problem for almost 2-3 months now. The dry skin problem is nothing new I have had dry skin (extreme dandruff) on scalp, beard, etc. but the problem has gotten worse lately. lately the skin under chin becomes reddish (raw) easily after shaving and burns slightly. Photographs and videos of the dry skin on penis are present in the url below. If you need any other information which will help you diagnose this then you can email me at conrad dot hauser at gmail dot com Please advise me. I will be most grateful if something works. Thanks, Conrad.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist
- 2017/02/13

This is a medical question and I would recommend that you cut and paste your question and re-post it to Cyberdoc, one of the medical experts that writes for Health24's expert forum. 

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/12/10

I've had a similar problem, I bet it's a simple fungal/yeast infection. Try Candizole/Canesten cream, available over the counter. If it works, then you'll know what the problem was, and you can tell your partner to get the vaginal version, so you are both cleared up. If it doesn't work, see a urologist.

Reply to Anonymous

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.