Question
Posted by: | 2018/07/20

Cough that lead to chest pain, breathing and now stammering too.

My mummy is suffering from cough for the last few months. We already had few tests (like TB and all) but everything is fine. She also has chest pain. Please tell me, what could be the cause? What are we missing to test? Who should we consult ?

Expert ImageCough Expert
- 2018/08/03

The most common causes of chronic persistent cough are nose, nasal and sinus inflammation with a post-nasal drip, acid coming up the food pipe, and the side-effect, especially blood pressure tablets.  The treatment will depend on the symptoms and clinical presentation.  I suggest you consult a good GP and, if that doesn't help, a lung specialist.