Question
Posted by: Abdul | 2018/05/10

Continous mucous in throat after eating anything

Hello Doctor, I am 29 years old and I am suffering with continuous white mucous in my throat, especially after I eat something. Until and unless I clear that mucous, I am unable to speak properly. I am facing this problem for more than 2 years. Please suggest what is my problem and how to over come from it. Thanks.

Expert ImageCough Expert
- 2019/08/23

There are many causes of chronic mucous in the throat.  The common one is post-nasal drip from hay fever.  You should try an anti-histamine.  You can buy this at a chemist, e.g. Zyrtec.  Try it for 5 days and see if it helps.  An alternative might be acid coming up your food pipe.  For this you will need antacid therapy.  You should see a doctor to discuss other possibilities and to determine the best way forward.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2018/06/11

Can post nasel drip cause a little blood in my mucous when chocking it up