Posted by: | 2020/01/16

Cluster kidney stones

My husband has a kidney stone (cluster) in one of his kidneys (1.5 cm). He has terrible pain, was in hospital for 3 days and they gave him morphine but when they discharged him, they gave him Panado's and Tramadol (it does not work). He's got an appointment in February at Tygerberg Hospital for a CT scan. Is there something else he can try for the pain that is a bit stronger?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc
- 2020/01/22

Hi there
There are stronger pain tablets, but he will have to get a prescription from a doctor. I suggest that you try and get an earlier follow-up appointment at the urology clinic, especially if the pain is so severe, just to check the status of the stone as well as the kidneys. Good luck and I hope that he feels better soon. 

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.