Question
Posted by: | 2020/01/16

Cluster kidney stones

My husband has a kidney stone (cluster) in one of his kidneys (1.5 cm). He has terrible pain, was in hospital for 3 days and they gave him morphine but when they discharged him, they gave him Panado's and Tramadol (it does not work). He's got an appointment in February at Tygerberg Hospital for a CT scan. Is there something else he can try for the pain that is a bit stronger?

- 2020/01/22

There are stronger pain tablets, but he will have to get a prescription from a doctor. I suggest that you try and get an earlier follow-up appointment at the urology clinic, especially if the pain is so severe, just to check the status of the stone as well as the kidneys. Good luck and I hope that he feels better soon.