Question
Posted by: | 2018/11/17

HIV transmit through jock itch

Hello. I had protected vaginal sex a week ago. I used a condom from beginning to end. The problem is: I've been dealing with jock itch for a long time and sometimes I itch the place between my penis and my leg. So there is an itchy area, sometimes red-ish. I wonder is this possible to transmit HIV this way? I mean if my partner's vaginal fluid contacts with the itchy area, is this a possibility for transmission? -It's not bleeding, just red-ish when I scratch it hard- Thanks!

- 2018/11/19

No, if there are no open wounds on your skin then it is not possible to transmit HIV in this way.