Question
Posted by: Keith | 2019/07/11

Are there Somatosensory Specialists?

Hi, I see a Dermatologist about burning sensations in my skin and strange over sensitive sensing of cold and hot at normal temperatures. I also have burning on the soles of my feet when wearing socks. I thought it was related to evaporation of sweat or the neurotransmitter choline. I also sweat when I shave, like your questioner in 2013. Also gustatory sweat when drinking. I got them to prescribe me Pro-Banthine, which has stopped the cold and clammy sensation in my skin from the sweat or choline. They class it as dysesthesia but don’t know where the problem is in my nervous system. I don’t really expect to find the fault.

- 2019/07/15

Hi Keith
You could consider going to a neurologist for another opinion. A Neurologist is a specialist of the nervous system, including the sensation of the skin. Good luck.