Posted by: Keith | 2019/07/11

Are there Somatosensory Specialists?

Hi, I see a Dermatologist about burning sensations in my skin and strange over sensitive sensing of cold and hot at normal temperatures. I also have burning on the soles of my feet when wearing socks. I thought it was related to evaporation of sweat or the neurotransmitter choline. I also sweat when I shave, like your questioner in 2013. Also gustatory sweat when drinking. I got them to prescribe me Pro-Banthine, which has stopped the cold and clammy sensation in my skin from the sweat or choline. They class it as dysesthesia but don’t know where the problem is in my nervous system. I don’t really expect to find the fault.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc
- 2019/07/15

Hi Keith
You could consider going to a neurologist for another opinion. A Neurologist is a specialist of the nervous system, including the sensation of the skin. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.