Question
Posted by: | 2019/09/12

Abnormal bleeding

Hi Doc, in February my gynae discovered that I had a polyp and he removed it. Three months later my cycle started being abnormal, it will start by spotting with black blood, for a week or more then the normal red blood will start and it will be a heavy flow with pains. I’m not on any contraceptives.

- 2019/09/13

I would suggest that you see your gynae again. It is possible that the polyp has recurred or that there are more polyps. Other problems such as uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, hormonal disturbances can also cause irregular periods.