Posted by: Alana | 2013-01-16

sleeping too much, tired all the time?

I''m worried with how much I sleep and that I''m tired all the time. I don''t do anything special, other than school for 3 hours and work for 3 hours, and I sleep 6 to 8 hours every night, but during the day I''m still super sleepy. I go to sleep around 9 - 10pm and wake up around 6-7 am, stay up for around 4 hours and sleep again till around 6 pm, then i stay up for a few hours and sleep till the next day. So i guess the problem is that why do i sleep so much if i dont do anything tiring and even if i sleep lots, it doesn''t stop me from sleeping at night.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

This doesn't sound right. It is possible you might just need a bit more time in bed, but it is quite likely that there is a problem with the quality of your sleep.

It is certainly not OK to carry on like this - it is likely to cause a problem with your studying.

You should get this checked out - you may need to spend a night in a sleep laboratory to work out exactly what the problem is. Fortunately, all these problems can be helped.

Posted by: mercy | 2013-08-16

I sleep around 2 am atimes when am at home cuz i spend much time watching tv during the holidays i get up by seven or six am in the mornings feeling tired atimes i even sleep again in the mornin and i always wake up with a head ache or laziness to do my chores and my major worry is that each time i pick up my book in school to read i fall asleep i find it difficult to read pls i need seriouse help

Reply to mercy